Friday, May 25, 2012

Let There Be Rock

A couple of years ago my family had a blast. We flew to London and first saw Green Day in front of 80,000 people at Wembley Stadium, then saw Pearl Jam in Hyde Park, and finished it up with Paul McCartney. It can't get much better than that!

Now that my two sons have gotten deeper into more great music, they are even more interested in seeing some great concerts. They hadn't really been into Pearl Jam when they saw them last, though after the concert they began listening to them more, and now they love them.

I started looking at concerts in Europe to see if there was something affordable. There were a number of good choices, but all pretty expensive--Soundgarden, Metallica, Bruce Springsteen, Green Day...all are having concerts this summer over here, but in places that are a little costly to get to. Okay, The Boss is coming to Prague, so that isn't too bad, but frankly, my sons aren't really into him yet.

So, the one I found that is affordable and I know the boys will love them is Pearl Jam again...in Prague. Yep, we just visited Prague two months ago, but hey, it's the most beautiful city in the world, so why not?

Europeans do their dates backward from how we do them, so this means it is on July 2. The boys have seen concerts in a stadium and in a park, but this will be their first one in an arena. I hope Pearl Jam are in great form that night!

5 comments:

  1. Perfect! Now that is cool you can take your boys to concerts and share the experience. Not many parents can do that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Prague AND Pearl Jam? Okay, I'm jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're a lucky man. I say do the Pearl Jam AND The Boss. One show with the kids, one without?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tim, the concerts are too far apart and would cost too much. I wish, though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your kids are so lucky to have a dad taking them to all these great concerts. Sounds like fun.

    ReplyDelete